L’autre Couleur, a sustainable content writing enterprise based in Montreal, Quebec has launched a national campaign focused on promoting the top 15 sustainable initiatives of each Canadian province to increase awareness and promote a sustainable lifestyle. Read all about it!
Anointment Natural Skin Care was chosen as a Top 15 Sustainable Initiative in New Brunswick. We’re thrilled with the honour, thank you!
Some of our environmental sustainability initiatives include:
- Purchasing certified organic ingredients and herbs from our local producers with the belief that by supporting each other we can all succeed.
- Increasing the Canadian-sourced content of our ingredients and re-formulating recipes to include more locally grown ingredients.
- Wildcrafting and harvesting local wild flowers, berries, and herbs for our products including rose hips from the meadows surrounding our workshop, growing our own Calendula flowers and keeping bees to harvest honey.
- Our workshop is heated and cooled using geothermal heating, minimizing reliance on fossil fuels.
- Our staff can commute by bicycle (in three seasons).
- We minimize the plastic packaging in our products in favour of glass and cardboard.
Some of our human sustainability initiatives include:
- Flexible working hours to accommodate families, children and work schedules of spouses or appointments and, well, life.
- Access to workshops and conferences to upgrade skills and inspire new ideas.
- A culture that supports wellness, safety and openness in our workspace.